Electrical design includes planning, testing and installation of electrical systems and equipment, including main power boards and distribution, lighting, fire and safety systems, electronic components and data communications.
Using the latest software and design tools, our engineers are highly skilled and have a vast knowledge in the installation and application of new technologies, such as LED lighting and we can advise and integrate our electrical systems and equipment on both new build and refurbishment projects and can advise, design and install upgrades and replacement of out-dated or obsolete systems.
Our scope of knowledge and experience is implemented into our low energy and low carbon impact design of which we take pride in engineering electrical solutions with minimal environmental impact which are user friendly and simple to use.
Our Electrical Design and Installation services include:
- Inspection and analysis of existing infrastructure including fault risk and protection studies
- Commercial, Industrial and Domestic Lighting Systems – Indoor and Outdoor
- Power Distribution Installation
- Mechanical systems including boilers, generators, air conditioning, solar energy systems and heat pump systems.
- Security Alarm Installation and Testing
- CCTV Installation and Testing
- Structured Wiring Systems and Data Networking Installation
- Emergency Lighting Installation and Testing
- Remedial Works
- Door Entry and Access Control Systems
- Smart Technology Installation and Testing
- Environmentally Friendly Schemes
- And much more.
Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
Portable appliance testing (PAT) is a legal requirement for all businesses and is an inspection of electrical appliances to check they are safe to use in the workplace. Its purpose is to prevent electrical malfunction, accidents or fire hazards.
The Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) places such an obligation in the following circumstances:
- Where appliances are used by employees
- Where the public may use appliances in establishments such as hospitals, schools, hotels, shops, housing tenants, etc.
- Where appliances are supplied or hired
- Where appliances are repaired or serviced.
Our full PAT tests include both an expert inspection and an in-depth check using specialist PAT testing equipment. Once our PAT tests are complete, we mark every appliance as ‘passed’ or ‘failed’. We keep a record of the results on our systems and we can arrange frequent or annual testing for your peace of mind.
BDA Compliance Management are certified /members of the ‘Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management’ and ‘City & Guilds’ qualified.